Clairy Project (Cu, Zn & Au)
Joint Venture with SOQUEM. Niobay Metals inc. holds 47%
Located 120 km north of the Chibougamau mining camp and 40km south of the old Troïlus mine.
Composed of 56 contiguous mining titles which cover an area of 2,818 ha. Minerals sought: copper and zinc
Accessible by via the Route du Nord at kilometer 79, forestry roads crisscross the project area.
Much work has been done on the property over the years, In particular:
- 2004: VTEM
- 2005: Drilling, 18 holes 4750m
- 2006: InfiniTem
- 2017: Modeling EM, InfiniTEM , VTEM survey
- 2020: Geophysic InfiniTEM XL
Geology and Mineralization
Type I : Sphalerite chalcopyrite mineralization with traces of pyrrhotite and or pyrite encountered in pyroclastics at the base of basalt flows
Type 2 : Mineralization associated with levels of black and graphitic argillites containing traces of pyrrhotite and / or
pyrite apparently encountered anywhere in the pile ofpyroclastic and sedimentary rocks but especially in contact
with the various sills.
Six horizons : favorable conditions are present and are well defined at different stratigraphic levels in the volcano
- On the Clairy Horizon, we find the Maurès massive sulphide 10 % Zn,1,3 % Cu, 24 g/t Ag over 9,1 m in Hole 1171 96 01).
- On the Yorbeau Horizon, best intersection of 7,7 % Zn et 3,7 % Cu over 3,78 m in Hole YF 04).